Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Brown University

I'm a freshman in high school. Ninth grade. I'm 14, about to turn 15 in May. And I got a letter from Brown University asking me to apply for a spot this summer in their pre-college courses on campus. I think it's really, really amazingly cool that I was asked, but I don't think I'm going to do it. First of all, it would probably cost about $1000 or more, and my family doesnt have that much to spare right now. Second, I don't want to start looking at colleges this far in advance. I'm going to change my mind A LOT, so what's the point of going now?

5 comments:

  1. That's a really cool opportunity, but I know I didn't have the focus or funds when I was a freshman either. Plus, there seems like a lot more fun ways to spend the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister was a girlscout in Nurnberg, my family lived in Germany for a few years when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm working at *hah* a girl scout camp for a few weeks this summer, and it's one of my best friend's last summer before college. That is so cool that you lived in Germany! Do you speak German? I take it in school, so I know a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, that does sound like a great opportunity (:
    2 years ago, for me, between 7th and 8th grade, i went to clarkson for a math/science camp thing. it was only for a week, but i didn't go again the next summer. haha, spending just one week out of my summer doing school work was enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, school is boring enough as it is, I really don't want to go for the summer! But still, Brown. Hm.

    I've decided for sure that I'm not going.

    ReplyDelete