Monday, July 19, 2010

WTF?! haaaa. weird.

So yesterday was one of the weirdest days of my life. It started off pretty normal, I went to the Nationals car show at the local fair grounds with my parents and really good friend Spencer and we had a lot of fun. Those cars are amazing! I wish they made them just as cool now.
After we got dinner and went back to my house, me and Spencer decided to go up in the woods behind my house and wander for a while. There's around 12 acres up behind and around my house so it's fairly easy to get lost for a couple of hours, which of course we did, and in 90 degree weather. Luckily there's a stream that runs really close to my house and we ran into it eventually, but quite a ways up from my house. By this time we were hot and sweaty and the water in the stream was so appealingly cold. We stood there awkwardly for a few minutes deciding what to do. Did we want to take all our clothes off and go for a swim or just put our feet it? Did we want to go back to my house and sit in the air conditioning?
However, before I'd decided anything, Spencer was stripping off all his clothes and getting into the shallow water completely naked. Its not the first time I've seen it all out but it was just so bizarre, you know? Then he was just looking at me like "well?" I didn't know how to begin to respond to that! I was a little lost. But then I just said fuck it, I've known this kid my whole life, what's the big deal? I ended up taking off everything but my bra, sitting next to him in my stream on a bunch of rocks, surprisingly not caring that he could see everything. And he said he didn't care either. I think he might be a nudist one day. I have to say that it was actually kind of fun, but in the weirdest way possible. I'm glad that I have someone that I'm that comfortable around.
I think we sat in the water for around an hour, just sitting. We didn't say much, but it wasn't awkward. And I know you're all thinking "yeah ok, sure", but it really wasn't! I swear. Sometimes its nice to just sit with someone.

Then once it started getting dark we got out of the water and walked back to my house (fully clothed). Out of the woods it wasn't that dark, so we climbed up onto the roof of my garage and layed there, staring at the sky. We used to do that when we were little, too. We entertained ourselves by finding shapes in the clouds and agreeing that sitting naked in a stream was the weirdest thing we'd ever done, but that we wouldn't mind doing it again.


I like having these kinds of weird experiences because without them life would be so boring. Don't you think?

and please don't think I'm some weird nudist who walks around naked all the time. or that I'm a whore. we're best friends and always have been. I promise that I'm mostly normalish.

No comments:

Post a Comment